spacer spacer spacer spacer spacer spacer spacer spacer spacer
Logo Starting a Personal Training Business spacer
Home Sitemap Contact Support Our Site spacer
Trainer Directory Discussion Forum What's New spacer

Get Started - 8 Simple Steps to Success

Step 1:
Is Personal Training
Right for Me?

Step 2:
Get Certified
Step 3:
Get the Job
Step 4:
Launch Your Business
Step 5:
Train Smarter

- Popular Pages -

Exam Prep Course

Complete Training System

Business Plan

List of PT Schools

Cert Comparison

Cert Discounts

CEU Discounts

Free Starter Kit

Job Board

Salary Calculator


Site Search

ACE Certification Study Plans

by Guillaume

Hello everybody,

I'm a 20 years old guy who lives in Switzerland. I study law and work as a fitness instructor (i have a swiss certificate). I want to go this summer to the USA to pass the ACE certification.

My question is: How many time should i stay if i want to pass the personal trainer certificate, the lifestyle and weight management certificate and maybe the advanced health+ fitness specialist certificate?
I will start study in February and was expecting to come in late summer to stay one or two monthes.
Do you think this project is rational or should i think about doing something else lol?

Thanks for your help,
best regards


Comments for ACE Certification Study Plans

Average Rating starstarstarstarstar

Click here to add your own comments

by: Anonymous

I live in Geneva, Switzerland and I am looking for a personal trainer certification. Is it possible to work in Switzerland with an ACE certification?

by: Anonymous

There is no state's reglementation concerning the need of a certification to work as a personal trainer in Switzerland. Theoricaly you could work without any certification.

Most of the gyms ask that the personal trainer/fitness instructor has or get a certification. Swiss state organizes one which is a federal diploma (CFC d'instructeur fitness fédéral) and takes app. 2 years to achieve with exams and a required internship. There are also national private certification agencies which deliver certifications and provide continuing education. In the french part of Switzerland, there is for example In the german part,

The level and recognition of their certifcation posibilities depends a lot of the provider. If you want to work in a gym, the best way should to ask your future/potential employer. If you want to work independently, you can choose if and which certification is better. Because of profesionalism and liability reasons, you should consider to pass one and in any case have a CPR certification and liability insurance.

Concerning the ACE certification, from my point of view and my experience, the certification is well recognized and offers many possibility to work, particulary with international clients. In Geneva, where a large english-speaking community exist, it could be an advantage on the market, for exemple in hotels ot fitness with international clients. Personaly, I always have quickly find jobs or opportunities because of these certification. Good luck :)

Click here to add your own comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to ACE Personal Trainer Certification Tips.

spacer spacer

Home | Sitemap | Contact | Support Our Site | Trainer Directory | Discussion Forum | What's New | Privacy

Step 1: Is Personal Training Right for Me? | Step 2: Get Certified | Step 3 - Get the Job
Step 4 - Launch your business | Step 5 - Train Smarter

Copyright © 2007-2020. Starting a Personal Training Business. All rights reserved.
We do not sell any information to third parties.