spacer spacer spacer spacer spacer spacer spacer spacer spacer
Logo Starting a Personal Training Business spacer
Home Sitemap Contact Support Our Site spacer
Trainer Directory Discussion Forum What's New spacer

Get Started - 8 Simple Steps to Success

Step 1:
Is Personal Training
Right for Me?

Step 2:
Get Certified
Step 3:
Get the Job
Step 4:
Launch Your Business
Step 5:
Train Smarter

- Popular Pages -

Exam Prep Course

Complete Training System

Business Plan

List of PT Schools

Cert Comparison

Cert Discounts

CEU Discounts

Free Starter Kit

Job Board

Salary Calculator


Site Search

Australia Personal Trainer Certification

by Jen
(Vancouver, B.C Canada)

I am a certified Personal Trainer in Vancouver Canada, and am looking into moving to Australia (either Queensland or NSW) and would like to know what type of certification is recognized there. Can you help??

Thanks so much!

Comments for Australia Personal Trainer Certification

Average Rating starstarstarstarstar

Click here to add your own comments

Qualifications For Australia
by: Stuart

You should contact Fitness Australia ( and they will be able to advise on what units can be cross-credited. There is a system for Recognised Prior Learning to take into account other qualifications.
The standard required in Australia is Certificate III and Certificate IV in Fitness

Certification in Australia
by: Jeff May

Hi Jen! I run a centre in QLD (SunshineCoast) Your minimum requirement here in Australia is called Certificate iv in Fitness. The attcahed link is one place you could check for RPL (Recognised Prior Learning)

You might also try TAFE which is the government run technical training institute.

In Queensland

in NSW

Good luck
Jeff May

Aussie qualifications
by: Janine

Hi Jen. Your best bet is probably to check out Australia's main fitness registration body to check if your qualifications are transferable.



Fitness certification required in Australia
by: Mark McGaw Institute of Sports Science

The Australian Fitness industry is Government regulated. You are required to have Certificate III SRF30206 in Fitness and Certificate IV in Fitness SRF40206.

If you have a Canadian Government statement of attainment that lists all the subjects that you have completed, you can receive recognition of prior learning against the units of competencies required for Certificate III and IV in Fitness. The units of competencies that you don't have recognition of prior learning for, you can do those remaining subjects by distance education and receive a full certificate and academic transcript of the full units of competencies of Certificate III and IV in Fitness.

We are a registered training organisation with the Australian Government that delivers personal trainer certification courses in Australia by online distance education and face to face seminars in Sydney.

The website for further information is

Hope this has been some help to you. You will enjoy working in Australia, as the fitness industry is booming and fitness specialists are in demand.

To Jen in regards to training in Aus
by: Anonymous

Hi Jen, my name is also Jen and I too live in Vancouver, B.C. I have a couple friends in Australia, Melbourne and I was wondering if you followed up with figuring out the requirements and what certifications transfer over as I am now interested in work down under!
Let me know what you've figured out, I'm very curious to learn myself!

fitness certification australia
by: Anonymous

Hi Jen Im interested in this too- i will moving to queensland in january and would like to work in a resort fitness facility, dont know how long ago you posted but would love to hear about how this went for you :)

Help new zealander
by: Anonymous

I'm also looking to move over to Australia within the near future and not to sure how to go about getting my qualifications recognized, any help would be great

Regards sarah

Some info...
by: Jen

I have finally settled in the state of Victoria and went through a bit of an ordeal having my credentials recognized... but it didn't need to be difficult, I was inqiring through the 'wrong' channels ;-) Contact KINECT AUSTRALIA, send them an application along with copies of all your credentials/certificates and they will look into what is equivelent to requirements in Australia. They should contact you quite quickly & JLT sport is the company that does the liability insurance @ a good rate.

KINECT: 61 (03) 8320-0100
9:00 am to 5:00 pm, Monday through Friday

Hope this helps! Jen Drysdale ~ Geelong, Vic.

by: Anonymous

Thanks for all this beautiful advice!
I'm in the UK looking for a PT course that will be recognized in OZ (since I intend to move back there when I sort out my visa) and now I know how to choose a course!

the opposite?
by: Anonymous

Hi Jen,
I am probably the opposite of your situation. I am from Victoria Australia and looking to work in BC. I am qualified in Australia and wondering how to get qualified in Canada as a personal trainer?
Can you help me out with some info?

PT in BC
by: Anonymous

If you wanted to be a 'registered' personal trainer contact BCRPA. They would assess your current qualifications and make recommendations of needed certificates or register you based on what you already have. Once registered, you are recognized to work anywhere in B.C. as a fitness professional.

moving from fiji
by: Anonymous

what is the possibility to move to Australia if i have a certificate 111 and iv that is recognized in Australia???????

Click here to add your own comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Personal Trainer FAQ.

spacer spacer

Home | Sitemap | Contact | Support Our Site | Trainer Directory | Discussion Forum | What's New | Privacy

Step 1: Is Personal Training Right for Me? | Step 2: Get Certified | Step 3 - Get the Job
Step 4 - Launch your business | Step 5 - Train Smarter

Copyright © 2007-2020. Starting a Personal Training Business. All rights reserved.
We do not sell any information to third parties.