Not Satisfied with AFAA/NASM
by Marci Crane
(Salt Lake City, UT)
I purchased the AFAA group fitness certification last year and tried to sign up to take the test through ProctorU.com (their chosen exam proctoring service) and have had nothing but these problems:
1) Signed up with proctoru.com and failed multiple equipment tests. Tried 4 additional machines all of which failed multiple equipment tests.
2) Called both AFAA and proctoru.com multiple times spending hours in total on the phone trying to figure out problems from #1. Customer service and tech support suggested I try the local library which I did but didn't work because the library machines have no cameras. Both AFAA and proctoru.com were always try to push me onto the other.
3) Finally AFAA suggested I call my INternet provider and open port 1935. I did so but my machine still failed the port test.
4) Spent more time talking with proctoru.com which still tried to pass me onto AFAA even after hours spent trying to resolve this problem. They suggested I try an ethernet connection. I posted online on Facebook to see if anyone could help and one person said he could but he also failed a couple of the tests.
5) I've tried to call an agent at AFAA multiple times and complain and he never calls back.
It's unbelievable how AFAA can't seem to solve problems.
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to AFAA Certification.