Topics from the ACSM Test
I was a business undergrad, not Exercise Science so I have been studying a lot for this. I took the test just to see how it compared to the ACSM Certification Review Questions and the online practice test. I think I am going to take the workshop after reading these posts.
Here are the things I remember from the test:
- Target heart rate based on resting heart rate
- rotator cuff muscles
-is 5'3", 130 lbs overweight?
- risk factors - 59 years old, female, quit smoking 15 years ago, mother, 130/90, cholest etc.
- sit & reach test
- what extends forearm?
- teres minor
- fundamental unit of sliding filament theory
- what does the bicuspid valve do?
- order of blood movement through heart
- curved lumbar part of the spine
- where to measure skinfolds
- what system uses oxygen
- diff btwn skeletal/cardiac muscle
- what muscles are antagonists when walking uphill
- contemplation vs precontempation
- social cognitive theory
- when physicians clearance is needed
- Relative Contradictions
- Informed Consent
- which is used most? treadmill, bike, erg, step
- termination of exercise test (when)
- emergency plan
- back strengthening exercise
- hot/humid conditions
- pace maker in heart
- calc target heart rate